Are you a limited company?
Are you a company that is driving innovations?
Do you have an existing patent?
Or are you considering applying for a patent?
What is the patent box?
The Patent Box tax relief is the Government’s way of rewarding companies that are driving innovation.
The aim is to encourage the development of new patented inventions in the UK. If your company is making a profit on your patented inventions, you will be eligible for a lower effective corporation tax rate of 10% on your relevant profits.
This will save your company money and allow you to invest in future innovation.
Do I qualify?
As the Patent Box regime is optional, a company can claim the relief if it has opted into it.
• You will be eligible if you own the patent outright.
• You could also be eligible if you have an income from licensing a patent or even if you have sold a patent.
Which patents are eligible?
HMRC accepts many types of patents, including any patents granted by:
• The UK intellectual property office.
• The European Patent Office.
• Many countries in the European Economic Area, including: Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Sweden.
• The creation or development of the patented invention.
• A product incorporating the patented invention.
Associate to CEO
AMS has allowed me to work strategically and collaboratively with senior leaders with different areas of expertise in order to solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment. I am currently studying for my MBA at Harvard and transferring what I’ve learnt during my studies into practice has provided me with many opportunities to further my career
Our Clients Say
Get In Touch
To find out more about what we do, please get in touch.